Map of Fort Hill Monterey California Reduced by Scale from Lieut Warner's Field Map made in 1847.
Monterey began as one of many presidios that the Spanish founded. By 1846, the Americans landed and took control of the area and left a small garrison of Marines. This map derived from Warner's map of the are shows the fort of Monterey, the Old Mexican Fort, as well as the five land claims near the shore. Early and primitive, it shows the rolling terrain.
Condition is very good, with the typically close margins. Image size is 13.5 x 9.5 (inches).